Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for August, 2007

Well I was working on a project that had a reference to a number of DLL’s.

One day I had to face this problem “The project file ‘ ‘ has been renamed or is no longer in the solution.”. I had been programming in VS 2003 for quite some years now but never had faced this problem, it was the first time that I had seen such an error that gave no description of what went wrong with the project itself. Now I have been using VS 2005 for the last 6 months, but this was stranger than I thought. So I started to look into different options as to get the project loaded from the backup and checking my connections etc; but all in vain.

Finally I landed on checking the reference to my project through the property pages. Here I found out that the project dll that I was referencing was un-available due to some reason I simply removed it and added it back again and I was good to go. Alas, I had a solution!

You too can solve the problem by checking the reference to your assemblies or projects that are missing.

propertypages.jpg

Thanks to Michiel.


Digg!

Advertisements

Read Full Post »